Gautam Iyer wrote:

Hi Bram (and All),

<snip>
I attach a modified "c.vim" syntax file (minor changes to accommodate
the modular structure above), and "glibc.vim", "xlib.vim" (which should
be put inside "syntax/clibs/") to highlight functions and constants from
glibc and xlib respectively.

I'm afraid this is not a good idea; c.vim should not depend on any
set of the symbols which come from the particular implementation of an
arbitrarily chosen C library.

To be more specific, I can't see any good reason why I have to give up
highlighting many symbols such as SIGCHLD, SEEK_CUR, to name a few,
unless I use glibc.vim together with c.vim. I strongly believe that all
symbols defined in the *standard* C library must remain in c.vim.

Also, I hardly imagine a situation where all C library symbols are
needed at a time to highlight a file in a buffer. For example, it is
annoying that some simple symbols such as y0, y1, yn, j0, j1 and jn
are highlighted even if math.h is irrelevant that file.

Lastly, I'm afraid that, since C library functions are so common,
highlighting them would rather kill the purposes and effects of
highlightning.

I would be glad if you could address these issues before your syntax
files are included.

Thanks
- KK