Hi,
For infos:
If I open file.html (with xhtml content) using firefox 2.0.0.2, the
document will have the text/html mime type which is wrong following
the guidelines of the following document:
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-media-types/

If I open file.xhtml, the document will have the text/xhtml+xml mime type.
The latter w3c document reference an ietf document dealing with the
text/xhtml+xml mime type in which there is a section specific to file
extensions. There, you will find those .xht and .xhtml file extensions
defined: http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc3236.txt

I could also use the .xml extension with xhtml content. Firefox will
give the text/xml mime type to the document. But vim will load all its
xml candies leaving out the xhtml ones.

Sylvain

2007/2/25, Nikolai Weibull <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
On 2/25/07, Bram Moolenaar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Christian J. Robinson wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 25 Feb 2007, Sylvain Bertrand wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > > Is this possible to add .xht and .xhtml file extensions for xhtml
> > > filetype detection?
> >
> > Yes, see ":help new-filetype".
> >
> > I think this should be added to the Vim distribution, and often wonder
> > how it got left out of Vim7.
>
> Apparently nobody noticed them.  Are *.xht and *.xhtml widely used for
> XHTML?

I have never seen either.  .xht is perhaps even more of an abomination
than .htm is/was.

  nikolai