2007/3/2, A.J.Mechelynck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Mapping seems to be buggy with some characters.
> For instance:
>
> :imap ' foo
>
> does not work (the apostrophe is U+2019).

What is 'encoding' set to? Using multibyte characters (e.g. in a mapping) will
only work if 'encoding' (which defines how characters are represented
internally in Vim memory) is set to an appropriate multibyte setting
beforehand

The encoding is set to utf-8. My point is, mapping works with some
multibyte characters, but not all of them. For example:

:imap ∀ foo

... that is, mapping the "forall" symbol (U+2200), works.

Since I can map some multibyte characters, there is in my opinion no
issue with the encoding.
The question is: why is it possible to map U+2200 but not U+2019?

Regards,
thomas