Volodia Vichniakov wrote:

> It's my first mail to this list.
>
> I'm using vim on Win32 this Russian keyboard. There are some bugs with
> mapping of russians special keys. I've made some patches to fix these
> bugs.
>
> Let start step by step.
> 1. Special key may contain multi-byte character (ex. unicode) after
> modifier. For example, if I press a key Alt-k with russian input
> (Alt-Ì) then vim's got key K_SPECIAL K_SPECIAL 0x08 0xd0 0xbb, where
> 0xd0 0xbb is the unicode character CYRILLIC_SMALL_LETTER_EL.
> 2. In functions find_special_key (misc2.c) and str2special (message.c)
> vim supposes that there is only _1_ byte after modifiers.
>
> I can offer the corrected code for these functions.
>
> (There are 2 other patches to fix this problem in the console Win32
> application)

It will help us a lot if you provide a reproducable example.  I don't
have a Russian keyboard, thus hopefully this won't be required.

You can send patches directly to me.  If they are small you can also
send them to the vim-dev list, so that others can make comments.

--
The acknowledged parents of reengineering are Michael Hammer and James Champy.
When I say they're the "parents" I don't mean they had sex - and I apologize