Nikolai Weibull wrote:
On 4/27/07, Jonathan Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

A.J.Mechelynck wrote:

> - Insane? All is relative. We're only at 7.0.233 as of today. FYI, Vim
> 6.2 went to 532 patches, see http://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/patches/

Release early, release often :)

Isn't that what's being done?  We're at 7.0.233.  That means that
there's been 233 releases since 7.0.  Of course, it all depends on how
you define release.

 nikolai

These 233 "releases" are incremental and source-only. (Steve Hall's precompiled installers for Windows are compiled "in an officially supported way" from "official sources" yet they are still "unofficial".)

The latest full official release with binaries was 7.0.000. To avail yourself (as I do) of any of these 233 patchlevels to date (for instance, on Linux), you have to, either:

- download the current source from CVS or SVN, or
- download the 7.0.000 source plus all 233 patches (there are mega- or rather hecto-patches for 001-100 and 101-200), and apply the patches in ascending order - in either case: make sure you also have the latest runtimes, most of whose updates are not reflected in the patches
- ...and compile your own Vim.

Happily, with the make utility and the Makefiles included in the source distribution, compiling one's own is not really a big deal.

Best regards,
Tony.
202. You're amazed to find out Spam is a food.