On 4/29/07, Bram Moolenaar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Yakov Lerner wrote:

> Wish: when search is slow, show the progress line number
> every second on the bottom line (like, 12345 of 99999).

What is slow?
To my taste, when something takes longer than 1-2 sec,
I'd prefer some visual feedback on the progress.

Checking if the second passed will make the search even slower.
Checking time is quite slow on some systems (the check for CTRL-C
suffers from this).

Checking for time every several hundred (N) lines will probably not slow
the search perceptibly. N can be configurable, a parameter.
Some value between 10 and 1000 will probaby be reasonable.

Yakov