[Martin Krischik]

> That is probalby because the svn server is a mess.
            [probably]

Only the vim svn archive has no space for tags, braches or releases.
                                                [branches]

It is not a mess, merely being different. If there is ever a _real_ need for another organisation of the Subversion repository for Vim, we can be fairly confident that it will be addressed.

But now, the Subversion repository mirrors a non-Subversion one, this is for users convenience, and that's very nice already. Bram currently does not use Subversion for Vim development, so there is no point pretending that he does. If Bram was using Subversion, he might feel like changing things. But even then, the needs would mainly be Bram's!

But you can do valuable service and still do it wrong [...]

Once again, being different does not imply being wrong. We should not be overly dogmatic in such matters. If the download recipes are clear and work as expected, the repository fills its role.

--
François Pinard   http://pinard.progiciels-bpi.ca