Sebastian Menge wrote:
>> Seb - There are 26 articles waiting for the axe:
>> http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Candidates_for_deletion
>
> done.

Thanks. I have prepared the VimTip {{removed}} pages to fix the redirects.
However, I can't upload them at the moment. I'm having trouble because my
ISP has a transparent proxy, and someone has been spamming/vandalising
wikia, and wikia has blocked the IP of my ISP's proxy.

Google has shown me that my ISP has some proxies that I can manually specify
in my browser. Therefore, I can view and manually edit pages. However, my
bot uses pywikipedia and it turns out that while pywikipedia can download
through a proxy (you have to set the http_proxy environment variable), it
does *not* use the proxy for uploading - it goes direct.

I've emailed my ISP to see if they have some way of dealing with this.

I wonder if wikia can flag that access from a certain IP (my ISP's proxy)
requires the user to log on. If so, wikia could lift the block on the ISP
but require authentication.

John