I looked through archive (2007-August - 2009-February) but didn't find this
question/topic addressed:

I really like the way vim highlights the code

#if 0
this is colored as a comment
#else
this is not
#endif

however, the converse is not true

#if 1
this has no special highlighting
#else
this also has no special highlighting
#endif

It seems pretty straight forward that the phrase "this also has no special
highlighting" could safely be highlighted as a comment.

Along these lines, what would REALLY be nice is if vim could be "handed" a
project file with definitions like:
OPTION3=true
FEATURE29=false
MYDEBUG=true

and then highlight the following code as appropriate (pre-processed code as a
comment)

#if defined(OPTION3) && defined(FEATURE29)
this is commented
#else
this is not
#endif
#ifndef MYDEBUG
this is a comment
#endif

Is any of this possible today?

This e-mail and its attachments are a private communication sent from Westell
Technologies, Inc.,
a telecommunications company.  Its contents may contain confidential and
proprietary information that is protected.
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the
information contained in or attached to this message is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error,
please notify the sender by replying to this message, and then delete it from
your system.  Thank you.