On Feb 9, 2:34 am, Tom Link <micat...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Since there already are several vim-related collaborative media in use
> (vim-use, vim.wikia) I wonder if it were possible to use one of those.
> E.g., the template for the plugin page could link to a wiki page with
> the script ID, e.g.,http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Script123Such a change
> should be rather easy to implement if the wiki maintainers agreed with
> this suggestion, I guess. Such a page could also be a place where
> users post tips & tricks & sample configurations related to a specific
> plugin.

For a while now, we've been resisting having a wiki page for every
plugin out there, as such information could easly become overwhelming
or get out of date. We want searches on the wiki to show mostly tips
about how to use Vim, how to write scripts, etc. We didn't want it to
become a place to search for plugins.

Perhaps it would be possible, if we create a new namespace for the
plugin pages (I think this is possible). Searches would by default not
include these pages, but a user could specify that they *wanted* to
search the plugin namespace if desired.

We'd need to set up a standard format, maybe with a "bug reports"
table that includes the script version of the bug, and a very obvious
"current version" note at the top of the tip.

I've copied the mailing list for the wiki.

John, what do you think?