hello list,

during using the vim-latexsuite, i've found two things are weird:

1st, when i input ETB, i'll get the code as follow:
\begin{thebibliography}
        \item[<+biblabel+>]{<+bibkey+>} <++>
                <++>
\end{thebibliography}<++>

i'm wondering why would \item but not \bibitem be automatic inserted
in the environment ``thebibliography''. i am not very familiar with
the grammar of latex, but does the env thebibliography with \item make
any sense?
i have replaced the line TexLet g:Tex_ItemStyle_thebibliography =
'\item[<+biblabel+>]{<+bibkey+>} <++>' in
$VIM/ftplugin/latex-suite/envmacros.vim with bibitem, so if i press
Alt-I, i will get /bibitem. But i dont know how could i changed the
thebibliography env, and make it with the \bibitem as default.

2nd, the Alt-key bindings dont work in console but in gvim.
i dont understand why do the bindings work in gvim but not in console
vim.  If i press Alt-I in vim in console, then i get the cursor move
to the head of the line.

any tip would be appreciated

qiuye