Hy, I report here your first email and the email you send to me to make more
order.

First email send to mailing-list:
> Hello,
>
> I tried to use inverse search with vim-latex. But I couldn't use this
>
> function with okular or xdvi.
>
> With the old version, I can use xdvi with inverse search by set
>
> let g:Tex_ViewRule_dvi="xdvi -editor 'gvim --servername latex-suite --remote-
>
> silent'"
>
> and run gvim with
>
> "gvim --servername latex-suite --remote-silent"
>
> In the new version, this won't work, I have tried to set
>
> let g:Tex_ViewRule_dvi="xdvi -editor 'gvim --servername gvim --remote-silent'"
>
> (both forward search (with "\ls") won't work)
>
> or
>
> let g:Tex_ViewRule_dvi="xdvi" (inverse search won't work.).
>
> I am more inclined to use okular. So I tried to solve this with okular.
>
> When I set "let g:Tex_ViewRule_dvi = 'okular'". It didn't work.
>
> So I read the source file compiler.vim, and found that kdvi was obsolete. I
>
> replaced all "kdvi" with "okular", and change
>
> let execString = 'silent! !okular --unique
>
> file:'.mainfnameRoot.'.dvi\#src:'.line('.') .expand("%")

> "let execString = 'silent! !okular --unique
>
> '.mainfnameRoot.'.dvi\#src:'.line('.').expand("%")
>
> I can use okular with forward and backward search now?
>
> I want to how to solve this with xdvi.
>
> Kenneth

You write to me:
> Please See my email "inverse search with xdvi and okular"
>
> I solved this with okular, but no luck with xdvi, the solution is similar to
> yours.
Is your compiler.vim patched with my patch or with your?

In my vim-latex version (from fedora):
$ rpm -q vim-latex
vim-latex-1.8.23-1.20091230.r1079.fc12.noarch

I can make forward search with \lv and \ls with my patch and using just this
rule in vimrc:
let g:tex_flavor='latex'
let g:Tex_CompileRule_dvi='latex -src-specials -interaction=nonstopmode $*'
let g:Tex_ViewRuleComplete_dvi="xdvi -editor 'vim --servername test --remote'"
I start a new vim session with this:
$ vim --servername test
Than I open my dvi file from vim. The inverse search work, I can see my source
in new vim
session just opened.
--
Mario Santagiuliana