Den 4. mai 2010 kl. 02.05 skrev Vijay Kaul:
> Den 2. mai 2010 kl. 15.14 skrev iustifico:

>>> What vim version/variant do you use on what os? On my Mac, I get the same
>>> problem as you with MacVim, but I get the correct behaviour with Vim in
>>> Terminal. Both vim 7.2.
>>
>> I am using VI Improved 7.2 on MacOS Snow Leopard (latest version). I tried
>> it now in the Terminal and it works fine. We seem to have the same issues.
>
> I can't seem to get the problem to reproduce in Vim or MacVim... Steps to
> reproduce?

To reproduce, just type "e^^" in insert mode in a tex-document.... but I just
discovered that it depends on the keyboard layout. I can reproduce this with my
Norwegian keyboard layout (and many other European ones), but I get the correct
behaviour with a US keyboard layout. So this has to do with the caret key
acting differently with different keyboard layouts. On many European keyboard
layouts, it's main role is as a diacritical mark, so after typing it, the
character is actually highlighted until the next character is typed.

Since everything works fine in Terminal, I think this is more a MacVim issue
than a Vim-Latex one. If you define you'r own mappings with carets, they will
have the same problems (I tried ":imap ^^ hello"). I will file a MacVim bug on
this, but I guess macros with the caret key are generally troublesome with
these kinds of keyboard layouts.