Hi,

I use vim-latex with okular and forward search works like a charm.

I have this in my .vimrc

set grepprg=grep\ -nH\ $*
let g:tex_flavor='latex'
let g:Tex_DefaultTargetFormat = 'pdf'
let g:Tex_ViewRule_pdf = 'okular'
let g:Tex_CompileRule_pdf = "/usr/local/bin/latexmk -e
'$pdflatex=q/pdflatex -interaction=nonstopmode -file-line-error
-halt-on-error -synctex=1/' -pdf -bibtex $*"

I use latexmk for compilation and you have to set "-synctex=1"
somewhere in the compile rules.

Also, did you try to use the latest vim-latex from the git repository?
I dont know which version is in the OpenSUSE repositories but okular
forward search is working with the latest vim-latex version from the
git repository.

Peter