Hi everybody,

Thanks to the comment from another user I have complemented my functions
by the following function calls:

call Tex_SetTeXCompilerTarget('Compile',g:Tex_DefaultTargetFormat)
call Tex_SetTeXCompilerTarget('View',g:Tex_DefaultTargetFormat)

Now everything works as expected.

Thanks and best regards.

Andreas

Am 02/26/2014 11:09 AM, schrieb Andreas Groh:
> Hi @ all,
>
> I am using vim latex suite for a while an I am quite happy with how it
> is working. I often have to switch between tex-projects in German (using
> pdflatex with biber) and project in English (using latex with bibtex).
> Hence, up to now I have to change the settings in my .vimrc before I
> start working on another project. These are my settings:
>
> "vim-latex plugin settings
> set grepprg=grep\ -nH\ $*
> let g:tex_flavor = 'latex'
> let g:Tex_BibtexFlavor = 'biber' " use biber instead of bibtex
> "let g:Tex_BibtexFlavor = 'bibtex' " using bibtex
> let g:Tex_UseMakefile = 0
> let g:Tex_ShowErrorContext = 0
> let g:Tex_AutoFolding = 0
>
> let g:Tex_CompileRule_dvi = 'latex --interaction=nonstopmode $*'
> let g:Tex_CompileRule_ps  = 'dvips -o $*.ps $*.dvi'
> let g:Tex_CompileRule_pdf = 'pdflatex --interaction=nonstopmode $*'
>
> let g:Tex_FormatDependency_ps  = 'dvi,ps'
> let g:Tex_FormatDependency_pdf = 'pdf'
>
> let g:Tex_MultipleCompileFormats = 'dvi,ps,pdf'
>
> let g:Tex_DefaultTargetFormat = 'pdf'
> "let g:Tex_DefaultTargetFormat = 'ps'
>
> So before switching from a German to an English project a toggle the
> comments for the Tex_DefaultTargetFormat and the Tex_BibtexFlavor (and
> the spell checking options). Since this is quite inconvenient I thought
> about defining two function which do the job. I added
>
> :function German()
> :       :set spell spelllang=de_20
> :       :let g:Tex_DefaultTargetFormat = 'pdf'
> :       :let g:Tex_BibtexFlavor = 'biber'
> :endfunction
> autocmd FileType tex :command! German :cal German()
>
> :function English()
> :       :set spell spelllang=en_gb
> :       :let g:Tex_DefaultTargetFormat = 'ps'
> :       :let g:Tex_BibtexFlavor = 'bibtex'
> :endfunction
> autocmd FileType tex :command! English :cal English()
>
> to my .vimrc. When I am calling the function English the spell checking
> and the bibliography settings are changed correctly. Even the default
> format is changed (checked by calling :TTarget) but it is not working as
> expected. After calling \ll a pdf file is still build, instead of a ps
> file. Sometimes (until now I could find out under which circumstance) a
> dvi is build, but not a ps like it should.
>
> Any ideas what is wrong with my function definition? What do I have to
> do in order to correctly change the default target from a function. Any
> hint is appreciated.
>
> Thanks and best regards.
>
> Andreas

Andreas Groh                       phone : +49-351-463.34974
Institut fuer Planetare Geodaesie  fax   : +49-351-463.37063
Technische Universitaet Dresden    email : andreas.g...@tu-dresden.de
D-01062 Dresden, Germany           web   : tpg.geo.tu-dresden.de