Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2014 09:39:23
From: Ruthard Baudach <ruthard.baud...@web.de>
To: vim-latex-devel <vim-latex-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Vim-latex-devel] foldcolumn disappeared

== Auszüge aus der Nachricht von  Filip Kadlec vom 2014-12-19 09:56:
Hello everyone,

  after a distribution upgrade, my vim-latex still works as before, but I
have noticed that in the .tex files, the foldcolumn does not appear
although the folds exist. Previously, I did not modify my personal
settings for folds since everything worked normally. I have tried to look
into the vim-latex suite FAQ and manual but I found no simple solution.
Can anybody help me please about the best way to proceed. Of course, I
could set foldcolumn=4 but this would affect all open files, not only
.tex, which I do not wish.

     Best regards,
         Filip

Hello Filip,

I don't know a latex-suite-ish solution to this, but local
custumizations to vim should be put in `.vim/after/` – these files are
loaded _after_ the main configuration files are loaded, thus overriding
them.

The `ftplugin` directories are for FileTypePLUGINs (hence the name), the
name of the files in this directory should start with the file type's
name.

Thus, putting a file named `tex.vim` in the directory
`.vim/after/ftplugin/` containing the line
`set foldcolumn=4` would set foldcolumn to 4 only for tex files and
would not be overridden by updates.

Best regards,

Ruthard