Hi All.

I would like to map a key such that it 'executes' the current file. Is this a no brainer?

For example, I have the following in my .vimrc file:

"map <F12> :!php tester.php<CR>
"map <F12> :!./tester.py<CR>
map <F12> :!tester<CR>

I have to change the mapping based on what type of app I am working on (PHP script, python script, binary from a C++ compilation, etc) and then make sure the app is called 'tester'. There has to be a better way.

What I would like is to be able to just hit F12 and have the file that I am currently editing be executed, and hot hardcode it to run 'tester' from the current directory.

Steve