* Chris Allen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [060418 22:49]:

> Exuberant Ctags will also work just fine with Emacs, so installing to
> the default location should be fine.  Scrapping a perfectly good ctags
> is just another of Emacs' fine features ;)

  Right.

> If you really want to put it in your own location then you'll need to
> set the appropriate taglist plugin variable, which should be in the
> documentation for taglist.

  I believe that is Tlist_Ctags_Cmd

  I decided that the best way was to re-install exuberant ctags and
  and then leave the installation directory in an "undisclosed location" :-).

  That way the next time emacs overwrites ctags, I'll rerun `make
  install' from that directory and life will be good.

  &*^% 'em if they can't take a joke.
  thanks
  tim

--