On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 12:57:38AM -0700, Dimitar Jordanov wrote:
> Hello,
>  I wanted to ask if something changed in the search() function in vim7
>  I have a script that uses search('.') The problem is when search('.')
>  is called from this script I lose the search I have done with /
>  Has anyone an idea?

     While editing this e-mail, I tried

/w\a*
:call search('ask')

Since I have 'hls' set, all words beginning with "w" are highlighted,
and I go from one to the next with "n".  So I do not see the behavior
you describe.  Can you explain how to reproduce it?

     There have been some changes to search(), but I think only adding
new flags and a new optional argument.

:help version7
/search()

>  Onemore question: Is it possible in vim7 to have the tablne to the right or
> at the bottom? I don't like it when it is above.

     No.

HTH                                     --Benji Fisher