On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 03:43:40PM -0700, Gerald Lai wrote:
> On Tue, 16 May 2006, Marc Weber wrote:
>
> >I like the way you can move windows in wmii.
> >
> >1 | 2
> >--+--
> >3 | 4
> >
> >if your cursor is in window 1 and you move the window to the right you
> >get
> >
> >  | 1
> >3 | 2
> >  | 4
>
> [improved illustrations]
and back eg. putting cursor into 4 and moving it to the left should
result in

4 | 1
--+--
3 | 2

Wether 4 is above 3 or not isn't that important..
I don't know how to do this with wincmd HJKL

> Not going as far as writing a full script to move windows around, what
> I'd do to achieve the above are the following commands:
>
>   :windo wincmd K
>   :3wincmd w
>   :wincmd H

Using one mapping is much faster than typing 3 commands ;)
>   http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=1522
I know it, but does too much much and not the way I like it.

Perhaps source my script, do some :vsplit|enew and try it...
(and remove the /tmp/.. file afterwards)

Marc