On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 11:22:00AM -0500, Donal wrote:
> At 10:30 PM 5/15/2006, you wrote:
> >On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 12:01:35PM -0500, Donal wrote:
> >>
> >> Here is my vim\myfiletypes.vim
> >>
> >> " myfiletypes.vim
> >> augroup filetype
> >> " FoxPro
> >> au! BufRead,BufNewFile *.prg,*.mpr,*.spr        set filetype=foxpro
> >> " Cold Fusion
> >> au BufNewFile,BufRead *.cfm,*.cfi,*.cfc setf cf
> >> au! BufRead,BufNewFile *.cfml,*.cfm                     set filetype=cf
> >> augroup END
> >>
> >> What am I doing wrong?
> >
> >     My first guess is that
> >
> >:au filetype BufRead
> >
> >will give you the hint you need.
>
> This is from vim70\filetype.vim:
>
> " Clipper (or FoxPro; could also be eviews)
> au BufNewFile,BufRead *.prg
>         \ if exists("g:filetype_prg") |
>         \   exe "setf " . g:filetype_prg |
>         \ else |
>         \   setf clipper |
>         \ endif
>
> And I have confirmed that clipper.vim IS the script being used. Here
> is a question... is myfiletypes.vim still being used, or has it been
> deprecated? I started using vim way back in 3.x... all I can find in
> the help files refers to filetypedetect and the ftdetect directory...
>
> By searching on filetype I found a reference to myfiletypefile that
> mentions that myfiletypes.vim is for backward support for vim 5.x
> only... so it looks like it may have been recently removed. This
> would explain alot... I guess I better read up on using the ftdetect
> directory :(

     I am sticking with my first guess for now.  As I hinted, and
another post said explicitly, your :au! command is clearing out the
autocommand you defined for *.prg .

     I do not recall the order in which these things are :source'd, but
you can check with

:scriptnames

whether vim is reading your myfiletypes.vim file, and if so whether it
is being read before or after the default one.  Depending on which comes
first, it may make a difference whether you use :setf or :set ft , since
the former has no effect if 'filetype' is already set.

HTH                                     --Benji Fisher