Jared wrote:
This should be really easy, but I can't find an example in the help that
shows what I'm trying to do.  I'm mapping an external command to a function
key, but I can't figure out how to include a variable in the command.
Specifically, I want to specify the %programfiles% directory.  So far I've
tried:

1) map <F2> :silent ! start "" "$PROGRAMFILES\Inno Setup\ISetup.hlp"
2) map <F2> :silent ! start "" "%PROGRAMFILES%\Inno Setup\ISetup.hlp"
3) let isshelp = $PROGRAMFILES."\\Inno Setup\\ISetup.hlp"
   map <F2> :silent ! start "" isshelp

However, they all fail:

1) ":echo $PROGRAMFILES" displays the correct page, but the above command
simply tries to run $PROGRAMFILES as a literal string

2) Each % expands to the source filename rather than being recognized as an
environmental variable

3) isshelp contains the correct string, but it's output literally rather
than treated as a variable

Like I said, I know this is a pitiful problem, but I'm running out of ideas.
 What am I doing wrong?

--
Jared

:exe 'silent ! start "" "' . $PROGRAMFILES . '\Inno Setup\Isetup.hlp"'