Thanks. Now I've got some good multi-bytes to multi-chew on :-)

On 5/18/06, A.J.Mechelynck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Eric Arnold wrote:
> Hey.  Do you know any simple key sequence to test whether code I'm
> adding to Vim is handling mbytes correctly?  Unfortunately, even if I
> got Japanese installed, I've forgotten the few Kanji I knew  :-P

       if &termencoding == ""
             let &termencoding = &encoding
       endif
       set encoding=utf-8
       setglobal bomb
       enew

then set Insert mode and start adding characters. See
    :help i_CTRL-V_digit
    :help ga
    :help g8

If you want a sample UTF-8 file with various multibyte characters in it,
you may download my front page
http://users.skynet.be/antoine.mechelynck/index.htm (browse to it with
any browser then "File -> Save As" or similar).

P.S. For that kind of questions, it is usually better to send them to
the list (so everyone can reply) rather than privately to one person.