On Wed, 17 May 2006 at 11:41pm, Jared wrote:

> On 5/17/2006 11:11 PM, Eric Arnold wrote:
> > While the visual mode selection is active, hitting "o" moves to the
> > opposite corner.
> >
> > <SNIP>
> >
> > Keep in mind that it doesn't work the same with a selection made by
> > the mouse, since that leaves it in "select" mode not visual mode,
> > which has some properties like insert mode, but in general has to be
> > treated differently.  Use ^G to switch visual/select modes.
>

> Ok, this was the problem.  I was using select mode rather than visual mode,
> and it was behaving exactly as you described.  If I select the text, then
> hit ^gol^c, I can finally select all text, including the last character.
Yay!

> Not exactly the easiest key sequence, but at least I can make it work now.
>
> Thanks, Eric!
>
> --
> Jared

If this worksout for you, try creating a map, something like:

vnoremap <F12> <C-G>ol<C-C>

or even, <C-C> itself to be:

vnoremap <C-C> <C-G>ol<C-C>

You might even be able to map the <LeftRelease> to do this
automatically, not sure how you have selection mode setup, but if you
give your settings, I can try to get a mapping work for you.

--
HTH,
Hari