From: A.J.Mechelynck [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 5:19 PM
To: Vu The Cuong
Cc: Mikolaj Machowski; vim@vim.org
Subject: Re: html auto completion

Vu The Cuong wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.
> My system is WInXP.
>
>>  :so $VIMRUNTIME/mswin.vim
>>
> You mean I must put above line into my vimrc file?

We mean you must make sure it _isn't_ there, because it interferes with
the Ctrl-X which is the first key for all omni-completion commands --
mswin.vim maps it to "cut to clipboard".

You must also invoke filetype detection and filetype-specific plugins:
to see if you've got them, enter ":filetype" without the quotes, the
answer should include "Filetype detection=ON plugin=ON". Filetype indent
may be on or off. If it isn't set, add "filetype plugin on" or "filetype
plugin indent on" to your vimrc.

>> Line in configuration scripts (it is remapping <c-x> required for
>> omni-completion).
>>
> I not understand clearly what you said.
> I know I bother you, but could you tell me more indetail? Many thanks.
> Suppose that I have "test.html" file.
> I opened it and started to typing:
> But right after I finished typing >, vim did not auto close tag
> I think Omni auto completion is something like that. Isn't it?
> Thanks.
>
> [...]
No.

Then type </ followed by Ctrl-X Ctrl-O. Vim should complete it to </td>.

Do it again, you should get </tr>, do it again for </table> and so on
until you get to </html> after which there's nothing more you can
complete.

Depending on where the cursor is when you invoke omni-completion, you
may get possible tags, or (inside a tag) possible attributes, or after
attribute-name and equal sign possible values (if they are finite in
number, e.g., left/right/center/justify at <div align=  ), etc.

See
    :help compl-omni
    :help i_CTRL-X_CTRL-O
    :help ft-html-omni