On 6/2/06, Yakov Lerner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 6/2/06, Pádraig Brady <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Charles E Campbell Jr wrote:
> >> Unfortunately, I have to confirm the original problem.
> >> Running xterm-256colors with xterm16 colorscheme in  the
> >> xterm, when the cursorline is highlighted, the cursor
> >> movement becomes both slow and erratic.
> >>

> > Hmmm -- with a Dell Precision machine, linux (FC5), astronaut
> > colorscheme, and
> > a xterm-256, I see no problem with either or both cursorline and/or
> > cursorcolumn.
>
> With both vim (on gnome-terminal) and gvim
> with vim 7.0.17 on ubuntu breezy on a P4 3GHz machine,
> both cursorline and cursorcolumn are too slow
> to be useable for me.

I have working hypothesis that cursosrline/cursorsolumns
is *not slow* when with default highlighting (underline),
and *slow* when cuc/cul highlighting is non-default.

Can anyone confirm/correct this ?

This is mysterious thing. Must depend on some unthought-of-yet
parameter. Cuc/cul is never slow for me, but I
use *only* default highlighting (underline).

Yakov.

I have the same problem in gvim, though I use the default
colorscheme. I noticed that cursorline is slow only when it's above
some syntax highlighted text, otherwise it works well.

--
Regards, Groleo!