To further stretch the use of the Ex prompt for this, try CD_Plus.vim.

On 6/20/06, Nick Lo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Thanks Matt,

I did have the feeling that I could bend Vim to my old ways, but this
revelation was more about realising that I wasn't using features that
make Vim different from other editors. I like the fact that it's now
simpler both in terms of visual clutter and use.

Also, after playing with the new tabs I found a bug where the 4
window split would disappear if I opened a few tabs and came back to
the 4 windowed one. This was in fact the point where I asked ...well
do I actually NEED the static file browser.

Cheers,

Nick