Fedora Core 5, vim 7.0.012: the following line, in a file of type 'cfg' [I was editing a doxygen file when I saw it] with 132 columns, xterm and GTK+ GUI (the filename here is not the inital trigger, but also causes the failure; not all long lines do, though):

INPUT = /usr/share/doc/kernel-doc-2.6.16/Documentation/kbuild /usr/share/doc/kernel-doc-2.6.16/Documentation/kbuild /usr/share/doc/kernel-doc-2.6.16/Documentation/kbuild/

With the cursor at then end, I type <C-X><C-F> to do filename completion, and the selection menu comes up partially off-screen on the right. I'll try to capture it below, but the email might wrap it.

INPUT = /usr/share/doc/kernel-doc-2.6.16/Documentation/kbuild
/usr/share/doc/kernel-doc-2.6.16/Documentation/kbuild /usr/share/doc/k
ernel-doc-2.6.16/Documentation/kbuild/00-INDEX
~
                                    /usr/share/doc/k
~
                                    /usr/share/doc/k