On Mon, 26 Jun 2006, Luc Hermitte wrote:

> * On Sun, Jun 25, 2006 at 12:06:51AM +0800, Dr Bean <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Another common idiom in perl is q//,qq//,qw//,qr// ...

> The main code is defined in plugin/common_brackets.vim, the filetype
> (C&C++) specializations beeing in ftplugin/c/c_brackets.vim.
> But I'm not sure this is the best way to define macros to q/, qq/,
> ... I think InsertSeq() is more adapted to the expansion of
> smart-abbreviations.

It was very easy to write a few smart abbreviations using InsertSeq().
I looked at the explanation in lh-map-tools/doc/lh-map-tools.txt,
but that was not even necessary. Following the example at the
definition of the function was enough.

inoremap  <buffer> <silent> s/
 \ <C-R>=InsertSeq('s/',
 \ 's/!cursorhere!/!mark!/!mark!')<CR>

This allows me to type just:
s/
and get:
s/!cursorhere!/!mark/!mark!

This is quite helpful, I think.

--
Dr Bean                          Teaching: leaving
                                 fingerprints over the tabula rasa.