On 6/27/06, A.J.Mechelynck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Kamil Kisiel wrote:
> I've started using foldmethod=marker for folding in my C++ source
> files. Usually it works okay, but I find that several times a day the
> syntax highlighting seems to get confused and start highlighting
> braces after a particular fold in red, as if they did not have a
> matching brace. This is never actually the case, and just doing an :e
> <filename> again makes the problem go away for a while. It's
> nevertheless an irritating issue and it just seems to occur at random.
> Has anyone else had the same experience? Is there a fix? I'm using Vim
> 7.0 on WinXP.

It might be due to how far back syntax highlighting scans the source. In
that case,

        :syn sync fromstart

might cure the problem, at the possible cost of some slowdown when
opening a file for editing.

The above sets the syntax sync method for the current file only. To
apply it to all C/C++ sources opened in the future:

        :au Syntax c,cpp syn sync fromstart

-- and either add the same to your vimrc or create a
~/vimfiles/after/syntax/c.vim with the line

        syn sync fromstart

in it. (Create any needed files and/or folders that don't yet exist.)
(Note: C syntax is invoked by the cpp syntax script.)

Thanks Tony, that appears to have done the trick.