Hi

I use the script pydoc.vim (http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=910)
to pull out the documentation of functions in python. It is a great
script. One can use \pW or \pw to get the documentation of the function
under the cursor (by using Word, word).

Problem is that if one has the following code-line:

   re.search(re.sub(

then \pW \pw will always look up re.search. I guess word doesn't care if
there is a ( and takes everything. Is there a way to get the word to
seperate words if there is a ( in between? I'm asking as I would like to
be able to press say F6 or some other function key in insert mode and
that I then call a macro that gets re.sub and then looks it up with
Pydoc.

An alternative solution which I would also like was if it was possible
to get a system like the match paranteses so that when one type:

   re.search(

re.search is looked up automatically and the help is displayed. And then
as one write re.sub( re.sub help is displayed as one hit (. Like most
modern IDE does. (To be very advanced it would be nice if one got the
re.search help back when closing the ) for re.sub, but that is for
later.)

So I'm asking you vim-gurus out there for some hints on how to do this.
I guess there is a simple way for some of the things that I don't know
about.

Thanks in advance

Preben