Hi

Yakov Lerner wrote:

> On 7/3/06, Giorgos Gaganis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Although it does the job there is a really annoying side-effect. Because
> > it uses a search all uppercase and nonword chars are highlighted which
> > makes the screen practically unreadable.
>
> Preserving search pattern will resolve the
> side-effect you mention. The following works for me:
>
> function! U()
>     let x=@/
>     /\u\|\W
>     let @/=x
> endfun
>
> :onoremap u :call U()<cr>

a function already takes care of not changing the last used search
pattern and the redo command, so

  function! U()
      /\u\|\W
  endfunction

  :onoremap u :call U()<cr>

should be enough.

Regards,
Jürgen

--
Jürgen Krämer                              Softwareentwicklung
HABEL GmbH & Co. KG                        mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]