Maciej Kalisiak wrote:

> On 13/07/06, Bram Moolenaar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hmm, perhaps you are not talking about omni completion but about normal
> > Insert mode completion.
>
> Thanks to Hari's post earlier, I now believe so, yes.
>
> >  This now scans other files sooner than in
> > previous versions, so that the menu can be filled.  Note that you don't
> > have to wait for this to complete, typing a character will stop it.
>
> Ah, interesting.  The issue for me is that it doesn't really stop
> immediately; it stops at the end of the current scanning "stage"
> (i.e., it will stop once it *finishes* scanning the current object
> being scanned, be it tags or an actual file).

Please be specific about what kind of scanning needs to finish before it
notices the typed key.  All types of scans are implemented differently.
Each should check for a typed key at regular intervals, but if there is
one that doesn't I need to know which one to be able to look into that.

> This wasn't noticeable
> earlier, or at least it never drew my attention, but now each "object
> scan" takes somewhere between 2 to 5 seconds, which is odd.  This is
> on a fairly fast machine.  The included Python files, as well as the
> tags file, are fairly simple and short (most <200 lines, a handful
> ~1000 lines; the tags file in current directory has about 1000 lines).
>  2 to 5 seconds seems absurdly too much time for said files, no?
>
> Hence, although an improvement, hitting a key immediately after a ^P,
> still takes about 5 seconds to stop... way too much if you're used to
> pressing ^P every 3rd or 4th identifier...
>
> BTW, my previous estimate of the full scan was incorrect; I've never
> had the stomach to wait through the whole thing... I just timed it
> more explicitly, but aborted past the 30 seconds mark... it wasn't
> nearly done 10% of included files...

What is it all scanning then?  Try removing flags from the 'complete'
option one by one to find out which one is taking so much time.

3. Your bookmark takes 15 minutes to scroll from top to bottom.