Hi Ralf,

The colorscheme 'morning' has very little Cyan in it - cyan is the default for
the 'Identifier' group, which is used for $variables and functions().

Just add something like this to colors/morning.vim:

  highlight Identifier ctermfg=Red guifg=Red

If you want function calls in a distinguishable color, use:

  highlight Function ctermfg=Blue guifg=Blue

... otherwise, they are the same color as Identifiers.

The 'cterm=' option is for color terminal use, the 'guifg=' option is if you
are using the GUI.

regards,
Peter

--- Ralf Schmitt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm on vim7 with 'syntax on' and 'colorscheme morning'.
> The colors used by syntax highlighting for c / c++ and
> java are great but on php or perl I've got a lot of Cyan
> in it. I don't know why but reading Cyan Text is horror for me
> and vim highlights a lot in php and perl with that color.
>
> I've turned all Cyan to Black in colors/morning.vim but that
> didn't help.
>
> please let me know how I can get rid of that cyan in this
> colorscheme.
>

> regards
>
> Ralf

On Yahoo!7
Messenger - Make free PC-to-PC calls to your friends overseas.
http://au.messenger.yahoo.com