On 2006-07-19, John Reese <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 7/13/06, Gary Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > A lot of this is already incorporated into the
> > $VIMRUNTIME/ftplugin/python.vim plugin.  For example, gf works fine
> > with Python import statements.
>
> Actually, that's my point.  gf does _not_ work for Python imports that
> have a from clause.  The paradigm is different from #include files,
> where the identifier under the cursor is enough information to find
> the file.  In Python, you need the whole line.
>
> i.e.:
>  from myproject.something.blar.blag import Bok
> if you put the cursor over Bok and hit gf, no dice.

I wouldn't expect that to work because Bok is not a file but an
object within the file myproject/something/blar/blag.py.  If you put
the cursor over "myproject.something.blar.blag", on the other hand,
it should open that file.

> If the import
> line is rewritten as
>  import myproject.something.blar.blag.Bok as Bok
> and you put the cursor over the second word, it works fine.

I would expect that to work, and it confirms that your 'path' is set
correctly.

All that being said, I'm new at using vim to edit Python files, so I
may be misunderstanding something.

Regards,
Gary

--
Gary Johnson                 | Agilent Technologies
[EMAIL PROTECTED]     | Wireless Division