:%s/\<[a-z]\+\>//gI

another option is to include \C in the regular expression itself:

One should be careful about this, as the help states:

:help /\C

        Note that 'ignorecase', "\c" and "\C" are not
        used for the character classes.

And when you look up

        :help /character-class

it shows you what's considered a character class. I don't know if the [...] notation is considered a character-class or not, but the \u \l etc are listed there.

Just one of those things to watch out for with the \c and \C that don't seem to apply with regards to the "I" flag. Or maybe they do with the "I" flag too? The docs leave a bit of a gap here that could go either way.

-tim