On 7/31/06, Robert Cussons <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip>

> Are those two vims built with same GUI libraries ?  I suspect
> that they are build with different GUIs.
> Can you send first 4 lines out :version output from each of two vims  ?
>
> Yakov
>
> P.S. I remember that I had similar issue between one Qt-based
> program and similar Xt-based program. I set same font for them two,
> but they showed it rather differently. Maybe you'll want to rebuild
> vim7 to use same GUI as your vim6.3. If you send first 4 lines from
> both vims :version, we'll know which GUI they are both built with.

VIM - Vi IMproved 7.0 (2006 May 7, compiled Jul 31 2006 08:50:59)
Included patches: 1-42
Compiled by ...
Huge version with X11-Motif GUI.  Features included (+) or not (-):

VIM - Vi IMproved 6.3 (2004 June 7, compiled Jul 30 2005 12:36:01)
Included patches: 1-71, 81-82
Compiled by ...
Big version with GTK2 GUI.  Features included (+) or not (-):

Seems you have hit the nail on the head Yakov, how would I rebuild Vim7
using your script but changing the GUI is it using the --configure options?

a) install package 'openmotif-devel' or (motif-dev or what's called)
b) ./vim7-install.sh ----enable-gui=motif

Caution: you must make sure motif-dev is instaleld, first.

Yakov