On Thu, Aug 03, 2006 at 02:23:39PM -0700, Lev Lvovsky wrote:

> * regional undo - can I select a region, and perform an undo for all
> of the changes only in that region?

     This has been requested before, but it is not implemented and I do
not expect that it will be added any time soon.  The problem is how to
define a region, when lines can be added, removed, or deleted at will.
If you have a satisfactory answer to this question, you can fake a
"region-undo" as follows.  Delete the region to be changed; undo 9999
levels, or however many you choose; yank the "same" region; redo 9999
levels; paste.  If you have a simple description of what constitutes a
region, you could define a mapping or menu item to do this conveniently.

     I think all the other questions were answered by other posts on
this thread.  Let us know if you want more information on any of them.

HTH                                     --Benji Fisher