Hey Group;
REF: backup file name - file~

I have tried turning this off in ~/.vimrc and it still works. I find this character as a pain because double clicking fails to see a "~" and without being careful it is possible to delete the wrong file seen which is missing the "~". I have looked in Vim7.0 source for "~" and didn't find it. ./configure --help seems to offer no way to defeat or change it. Is there a variable or something to set that will change it to something like file.bak
--
73 de Donn Washburn
Ham Callsign N5XWB   Email: " [EMAIL PROTECTED] "