On 8/9/06, Hari Krishna Dara <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I am not completely clear on your question. You can always generate a
single tag file which includes all the directories that you would visit.
Normally, for development branches, this is easy as you can generate the
tag file right at the root of the branch, including everything under it.
If your usage scenario is such that the directories that you visit are
scattered all over the filesystem, then you should still be able to
create a command that will build a central tag file for all these
directories. The sample find command given can be extended for this
case, as the find manual suggests that you can have multiple "paths".
Create a script and have it run on demand or through a scheduler.

Hari, This is certain burden that you place on the users.
I'd prefer that you had a hotkey such that when you press it
at the script prompt, script would automatically runs 'find'
from the current dir to refresh the filelist.
And if dirlist for current dir does not exist, that it
create it automatically on the first invocation.
Yes I am spoiled kid ....

Yakov