Charles E Campbell Jr wrote:

martin kraegeloh wrote:

rtfm didn't help ... I'd like to *always* make my regexes behave like perl, but I find no way to set it as a default. will I have to always use \v ?? I tend to think that if I can't get vim to do something it's because I don't know why, not because it is not possible ... so how do I do this?

Do you happen to use any plugins? This sort of thing would likely break any that use search, etc - ie. a lot of them.

hmmm ... true. but wouldn't it be nice if vim eventually treated the quasi-standard as default? even java understands regexes in the meantime ;-) I personally find it hard to quote things to make them regain their special meaning. I would suggest that this be at least considered, and if vim switched the default behaviour the plugin authors would fix this once ...

anyway, thanks for all responses,

martin

Regards,
Chip Campbell

begin:vcard
fn:Martin Kraegeloh
n:Kraegeloh;Martin
adr:;;Am Alten Pfarrhof 24;Oberbergkirchen;;84564;Germany
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
tel;work:+49 8637 985806
tel;cell:+49 160 98943453
x-mozilla-html:FALSE