Hi Hari:

Problems reported yesterday

- Put the "set shellslash" in vimrc solves most of the backward-slash problems.
  May be it's worth mention in the plugin doc.

- I can't reproduce the "Press TAB, C-b, find a lot of error message"
problem today,
  I'll report the problem when I find the way to reproduce it.

- MRU.vim provide history to files (not buffers) recently used. It is
especially
  useful in switching between serveral frequently accessed
directories (even between
  vim sessions). Combined with current lookupfile, user can locate
file even more
  effeciently.

Problems find today

- When path is very long (exceed screen width), find
directory-content-window's filelist is messed up

- Input wrong path, RETURN, find input focus is automatically move to
the line beginning. It's more desirable that the input focus remain at
line end to facilitate user correct the last path segment

- Input wrong path, RETURN, move to line end and delete the last path
segment, input correct path segment keyword, find popup-match-window
not showup

- Input wrong path, RETURN, move to line end and delete the last path
segment, input intact correct path segment (not path keyword), RETURN,
find an empty buffer opened (instead of popup
directory-content-window)

- Sometimes, the following error msg popup serveral times when open
file thru lookupfile (after that file is opened successfully). The
problem can't be reproduced everytime (and can't find out how to
reproduce it)

        Error detected while processing function
<SNR>74_AcceptFile..<SNR>33_IdoAccept..lookupfile#AcceptFile:
        line    15:
        E121: Undefined variable: g:LookupFile_LookupNotifyFunc

   My vimrc configuration is

        command! WalkCur :exec "LUWalk" expand('%:p:h').'/'
        nmap <unique> <silent> w :WalkCur<CR>
        nmap <unique> <silent> b :LUBufs<CR>
        let g:LookupFile_PreserveLastPattern=0
        let g:LookupFile_AlwaysAcceptFirst=1
        let g:LookupFile_FileFilter =
'\.class$\|\.o$\|\.obj$\|\.exe$\|\.jar$\|\.zip$\|\.war$\|\.tgz$\|\.ear$'

Thanks
Eddy

2006/8/14, Hari Krishna Dara <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 at 11:42pm, Eddy Zhao wrote:

> Hi Hari:
>
> I tested the new plugin, most new features works as expected. Some
> problems found,
> see comments below:
>
>  - Backspace will delete the whole path, it's better it delete the
> directory path
>    back only to the previous path delimiter
>
>  - Press TAB, delete path to parent directory, find
> directory-content-window doesn't popup (it
>    might because path delimiter is "\", not "/", it's better to popup
> all files in the
>    parent directory at that time)

Both of these are related/same, I am not going to support \ as path
separator, since it also needs to be supported to protect meta
characters. This also reduces confusion and complexity. Just use
forward-slash consistently in both windows and unix.

I don't see ido.el recognizing \ either, at least with the default
configuration.

>  - Press TAB, delete path to parent directory, press TAB, find TAB is
> inserted as TAB character.
>    It's better to universally use TAB as
> directory-content-display-command in lookup window, and
>    never insert it as TAB character

<Tab> in ido.el results in showing the mini buffer (the one with the full
matches). We don't have that problem here, as the matches are not
limited by screen real estate. I don't actually see a need to press
<Tab>, unless you are habitual, in which case you can map it yourself in
your ftplugin to whatever you want.

>  - Press TAB, delete path to parent directory, enter filename keyword,
> find file-match-window
>    doesn't popup (it might because path delimiter is "\", not "/")

This is same as the first two. Try changing the "\" to "/" immediately
and see if the popup comes up with any matches.

>  - Press TAB, C-b, find a lot of error message

I can't reproduce this problem, though I see an issue with <C-B> when
there is no token typed yet (only path), which I Will fix. Can you give
me reproducible steps, and also copy the error messages and send them?

>  - Press TAB, Esc Esc, LUBufs, find lookup window contain previous path info

The previous pattern is shared for all modes. If you want to always
start empty, use :LUBufs!. You can create a custom command for this, and
use that instead of remembering to suffix with bang.

> Some more features seems to be useful
>
>  - TAB could also used to show all buffers at LUBufs window

It is not possible to show matches without having anything typed (a
limitation of Vim popup completion). You can press a single "." to match
with all the buffer names (the match is done using Vim regex).

>  - There's a plugin called MRU.vim, it saves files most recently used
> in file named "_vim_mru_files".
>    I use this plugin extensively. May be lookupfile could also make
> use of it, and to provide a
>    consistent file locating frontend for directoryfile, mrufile, buffer.

I am not going to promise any support for this soon. I don't use this
plugin as I use my selectbuf plugin which already provides the MRU
ordering of buffers. You are free to add support and send me a patch :)

> Thanks for take time look into that
> Eddy

If you can send me the steps to reproduce the errors with <C-B>, I can
fix it and finalize this release. Thanks for all your feedback and
testing.

--
Thanks,
Hari