Hi,

I'm trying to expand my use of GVIM also to Linux .
And I see that my mappings with CTRL and/or ALT and/or ARROW keys are handled
differently on because of the linux windows manager.

Does somebody knows which keys or key-combinations to avoid to create mappings
that work on WXP and Linux?
Should you never use ALT and/or CTRL in cross-platform mappings?

For example:
How should I remap

noremap <C-Left>  b
inoremap <c-\><c-n> <C-left>

noremap <C-Right> w
inoremap <c-\><c-n> <C-Right>

" ALT <- to make from current pos till begin-of-line everything lower case
" To keep the cursor position it's prepend with mz (mark pos with z)
" and append with `z (go to mark z) (notice the backtick `[located under
" the ESC-key] is used, not a single quote sign ')
noremap <M-Left>  mzgu0`z
inoremap <c-\><c-n> <M-left>

" ALT -> to make from current pos till eol everything lower case "
noremap <M-Right> mzgu$`z
inoremap <c-\><c-n> <M-Right>

" ALT-SHIFT <- to make from current pos till bol everything upper case
noremap <M-S-Left>  mzgU0`z
inoremap <c-\><c-n> <M-S-left>

"ALT-SHIFT -> to make from current pos till eol everything upper case
noremap <M-S-Right> mzgU$`z
inoremap <c-\><c-n> <M-S-Right>

Best regards,
Eric