Ujjal Bose wrote:
Why am I getting errors like :

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at foobar.math.fu-berlin.de.

<vim@vim.org>:
ezmlm-reject: fatal: Sorry, a message part has an unacceptable MIME

I have even tried switching to plain text.

-Ujjal

You should. HTML or mixed HTML/plaintext emails are rejected by the list robot as an anti-spam measure; only pure plaintext is accepted. Attachments are accepted on at least some of the lists (the vim-dev list accepts them; I'm not sure about the main Vim list).

Whatever you did, the email above reached the list, so you found out how to do it.