From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2006 10:49 AM
To: vim@vim.org
Subject: Problem with :normal?

Hey Vimmers,

after reading through a thread earlier on sourcing commands from a file
i did a little experimentation with :normal. If given the line:

test this line
    ^
with the cursor at the carat and you do :normal vf'df'D nothing is
deleted and
you are left in normal mode.  If on the other hand, you actually type
vf'df'D
in normal mode you are only left with test.  I've noticed some other
strange
behavior when using visual mode from :normal.  Not sure if this is a
bug.
It exists through patch 40 of vim7.  Looks like both linux and windows
versions are affected.
  Thanks!
    Dan