Gundala Viswanath wrote:

Thanks Yakov,

gg=G

:help =

But it seems to me that works on Global basis strictly.
How can we localize the cleanup within a visual block?

Moreoever how can we customize the indentation, bracing, etc?
Since with Perl this customization is captured within .perltidyrc.

To select a region using visual block:

 V (move) =

Second -- an external tool that does C beautification is called cb.
Used to be on all Unix boxes, but I see that its apparently not on Linux.
I have my own C beautifier (ccb  -- for Chip's C Beautifier) available
at my website: see

 http://mysite.verizon.net/astronaut/src/index.html

No guarantees, warranties, etc, and its "use at your own risk".  Use
 ccb "?"
to get help.  Also, you'll need to compile it...

Regards,
Chip Campbell