Axel Kielhorn wrote:
Am 12.09.2006 um 20:31 schrieb Elliot Shank:
Yongwei Wu wrote:
On 9/12/06, Elliot Shank <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
A.J.Mechelynck wrote:
> 3. I don't know the fine points, but is there an Apple/Macintosh site
> from which you could download a "language pack" (or something) for > your OS, to supplement whatever was shipped with it?

I've got all the possible fonts from Apple installed. Googling either turns up font foundries or sites dealing with MacOS prior to X.

I did some research and found that there should be Chinese fonts
installed already. Please check:
I googled with `chinese font site:apple.com'.

Yes, and I've got them installed. These still don't cover some of the things I'm dealing with, specifically in the CJK Compatibility Ideographs block (U+F900 to U+FAFF).

I had a loook at the Character Pallet* (Zeichenpalette in German), the following fonts have characters in the F900 - FAFF range:
#GungSeo Regular
#PCMyunjo Regular    <-- this one seems to be fixed width
AppleGothic Regular
AppleMyungjo Regular
(These 4 have F900. for F91F there are some more fonts.)

Yes, I have these installed (they're part of the standard set) and they're
spotty in their coverage.

You can enable the Character Pallet in "Country settings -> Keyboard settings" if you want to have it in the Keyboard menu.

With Quicksilver: command-<space> c h a r <return>

:]