On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 13:13:46 +0300, Stavros Tsolakos
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Hi all.
>
>I am forced to work with VS2005, but I have been using vim for the last
>5 years now and I find using another editor quite impossible.
>
>I have noticed that the plugin VisVim.dll does not work with VS2005. I
>have found some messages in the archive about integrating gvim itself
>with VS, replacing its original editor. While this would be really cool,
>  it is very difficult, if possible at all, to implement.
>
>I was thinking about writing a plugin from scratch, adding similar
>functionality with VisVim.dll to VS2005. I believe that it could be
>nothing more than intercepting a few events and launching gvim.exe.
>
>Where can I find the source code for VisVim.dll? Do you believe that
>this is possible?

I looked into doing that (I also used VisVim in previous versions of
VS), but what I ended up doing was adding Vim as an external tool in
the Tools menu of VS with the following arguments:

  -c "exe $(CurLine)" "$(ItemPath)"

I also assigned a keyboard shortcut to it. Now, if I select a file in
the solution explorer in VS and hit the keyboard shortcut, Vim is
opened with the right file. If I already have a file open in the VS
editor, I can hit the shortcut and it is opened in Vim on the right
line.

It's not perfect, but it's better than nothing, and it works well for
me. If you or anybody else decides to make a tighter integration I
would be very interested.

--
Be seeing you.