From: "A.J.Mechelynck" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: .vim_logout ???
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 11:05:28 +0200

> Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >  I am looking for a way to execute some lines of vim-script everytime
> >  when ich leave vim (end the programm).
> >
> >  Are there any "hooks", which I can use for such a task ?
> >
> >  Keep hacking!
> >  mcc
> >

>       :autocmd VimLeave * " any ex-command here
>
> Most (but not all) autocommands can be placed on one line, separated by | (A
> few will take a following | as part of their arguments.)
>
> You can also use several ":autocmd" lines (the autocommands are executed in
> the order defined), or, if you want a more complex script, you can e.g. do
>
>       :autocmd VimLeave * source ~/.vim/macros/logout.vim
>
> see
>       :help :autocmd
>       :help VimLeave
>

> Best regards

Hi,

 hmmmm...it still does not work, which definitely is my fault.

 The situation: I set

     if &term =~ "xterm-256color"
        let &t_SI = "\<Esc>]12;red\x7"
        let &t_EI = "\<Esc>]12;white\x7"
     endif

 which set the color of the cursor to reflect the mode (insert/normal)
 vim is in.

 The drawback of this is: When leaving vim, the color of the cursor of
 the terminal from which vim was started, is effected. This may result
 in a non visible or less then optimal readability of the cursor.

 So why not to reset the cursor color?

 I did the following:

   autocmd VimLeave * let &t_EI = "\<Esc>]12;green\x7"

 which _should_ set the cursor back to the "original" color.

 This does not work.

 Then I tried (experimental...not based on any knowledge ;O) )

   autocmd VimLeave * echo "\<Esc>]12;green\x7"

 which also does not work.

 "WARNING! IDEA STACK UNDERFLOW" was the next error I got..... ;)

 Is there a way to reset the cursor color to "normal"...and...
 Is there a way to determine the original cursor color before tweaking
 t_SI and t_EI, to remember the color and to use it in the
 reset-cursor-color-code instead of hardcoding it ?

 Thank you very much for any help in advance !
 keep hacking!
 mcc