On 10/3/06, Yongwei Wu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
* Why keymap/accents.vim is opened as UTF-8 and fails the conversion
when fencs=ucs-bom,utf-8,cp936? (It is opened as Latin1 when
fencs=ucs-bom,utf-8,latin1, and this inconsistency is a little
annoying to me to determine in a handler whether the file is truly
encoded in UTF-8.)

I found the answer to this question now. The fencs feature has
improved since Vim 6.4 (I had not carefully read the fencs help in Vim
7), and it seems Vim can tell the error in MBCS encodings like gbk
now; and fencs=ucs-bom,utf-8,cp936,latin1 works! Thanks Bram!

Sorry for any confusions caused.

Best regards,

Yongwei

--